The department of Agricultural Engineering and Technologies, a part of Faculty of Agriculture of Ege University, was founded in 1971.The work of the department falls into five main categories:
- Research and education at undergraduate and graduate levels in the fields of design, construction, development, management, planning and use of Agricultural Machinery,
- Testing and evaluation of agricultural implements and machines in order to verify their suitability to the national and international norms and consequently providing reports,
- Research and development activities in engineering and management of Agricultural Machinery,
- Consulting services in relation with its field of interests
- Organizing national and international meetings such as congresses, committee meetings, workshops, seminars and courses, targeted at various actors of Agricultural Machinery sector.